- Date: january 6-8, 2014
- Location: Chamonix Mont-Blanc, France
- Links: MCMSki IV, Program, Poster abstract
- Downloads: Slides, Poster
We will participate to a session focused on Recent Developments in Software for MCMC.
Abstract of the session:
This invited panel features four leading researchers working on software development for Bayesian computation. Each panelist will highlight their particular software, including its history, development, and relative strengths and weaknesses. Looking forward, panelists will discuss and debate the future of Bayesian computation and software development, including challenges, opportunities and bottlenecks. Emphasis throughout will be on simplifying and automating the implementation of Monte Carlo methods, with an eye towards scalability to larger and more complex models and data.
- Andrew Thomas, University of Helsinki, Finland; Developer of BUGS
- Martyn Plummer, International Agency for Research on Cancer, France; Developer of JAGS
- Bob Carpenter, Columbia University, USA; Developer of STAN
- Adrien Todeschini, INRIA Bordeaux, France; Developer of Biips